Insulating in a 7x11" Flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just gotta see a 6 1/4" O. flex liner in 7" tile that only touches in two places. >> And just how much of that pour-in insulation is gonna get itself between the liner and the tile on those 7" sides. Which are the sides parallel with the side of the house in all of the ones I have seen in my admittedly limited experience.

I just gotta see a 6 1/4" O. flex liner in 7" tile that only touches in two places.
2 spots the entire length still not most of the liner touching at all. No you wont get insulation between the liner and the clay in those spots obviously.

Which are the sides parallel with the side of the house in all of the ones I have seen in my admittedly limited experience.
I have seen many both ways. But the op is talking mainly about performance and it will help with performance in most cases. If the long side is facing the house no it will not do allot for safety.

I am very happy with performance so far. Good draft, good secondary burn, tons of heat, no smoke in house if I use my good wood. I have one cord that burns like a champ and one that is OK. So far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.