Insurance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't have an insert before, the answer is yes. Your insurance company's response may be to increase your rate, maybe not. Mine did not go up when I recently put a wood stove in the fireplace and let the insurance company know. I just had to fill out a questionairre and send it in. There's a few other threads out there on this topic - experiences with insurance companies seem to vary widely.

I have american family, I replaced and insert that they were insuring. What I was told is as long as you are not adding a chimney it does not matter. Thier statement that even if you had a masonary fireplace and put an insert in it does not matter since its the same chimney. I would check with your guys but thats the way mine work???

Status
Not open for further replies.