Intermittent auger noise on serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lucky1

Jan 21, 2018
Paciific northwest
I've had my serenity stove operating about four months-It recently started a knocking noise during the auger cycle--cleaned out the pellet holding tank--manually checked the auger--it does have a little play right to left , but the set screw is definitely tight on the shaft coupling. cant feel any real vibration or knocking on the motor or gear box---Has anyone had a similar experience with their Serenity? Let me know==thanks everyone--Lucky1

With the hopper empty, pull the auger motor and tyrn the auger shaft by hand and see if there is something its catching on. It just might be the auger breaking long pellets.