Intro, starting install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2008
west central MN
Howdy all. I found this place about a week ago, what a great resource! Thanks to the owner.

We live in west central Minnesota, in a partially remodeled farm house. The Englander add on has been keeping us from freezing, mostly, for the last two winters. The guy that started the remodel on this place was from FL, and he didn't follow the local customs :). A week after we closed we hit a cold spell and had ice in the toilet and the kitchen sink. We've corrected most of the errors, like rerouting the plumbing drain to the basement rather than out the side of the house for example.

I like radiant heat, and first installed it in a milking parlor on the previous farm. I had Northeast Radiant Technology put together a plan for this house and have been slowly implementing it, in between farming, etc. The new basement floor has pex in it, and the main floor has underfloor plates and pex.

Yesterday I started the storage tank. I'm going with an open wood tank, 800 gallons, a take off of the one on Gary's Build-it-Solar site.

I look forward to learning more and sharing my experiences (hopefully good ones).

welcome aboard! you will (and have already) find tons of info and great people on here that give great advice. i been lurking for some time now putting my master plan together little by little and would have gone with a OWB that eat's wood like its candy. thanks to this site i will cut less wood, enjoy more time on this site and learn more than i ever expected.
and BTW,
EVERYONE loves pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.