Introduction - Longtime user; new to your forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJF1313

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2009
Pine Barrons, L.I., NY
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen; (toung-in-cheek)

I've been lurking in your forums for a couple of months, but I guess now is a good of a time as any to
introduce myself.

Our family (from about 1900 or so) has been burning for heat. Great and Grand parents where from
Schoharie County in New York. My father fled from there to work in aviation in the "big city." My parents
brought me up in Nassau on WRONG Island, but manya trips back "home."

I've since grown, and have a home in the Pine Barons of L.I. My wife and I both work for (against?!) the
state. Our new home is on a acre+ with some wood. I do have a smoke dragon out in the shop - FOR NOW!

Most of the questions I had where answered in some form from previous posts, but I might (aka : KNOW)
that I'll have some more as time ticks by...

Thanks for looking,

I will now return you to your previous sub-forums.....

Welcome, PJ.

You're not far from me, I am sure :)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Welcome, PJ.

You're not far from me, I am sure :)

Not too far - Just on the opposite shore :)

I'm South of Sunrise...

I'm in the middle, weird being there. It can be 20% colder here than the rest of the Island.

It's called Icey Hollow by the Oldtimers, the terrain kinda dips here. I am an Oldtimer
music-smiley-019.gif

Not as cold as the Pine Barrens in Westhampton, but close enough. The Pine Barrens In Westhampton is where the temp reading comes from on News 12.

I'm much further West. Just basically on the "fringes" of the barons. Do you remember the fires they had about 10 years ago? If the humidity, temps, and
wind (and not much), I still can smell it - a definite smell - not just another burner. I'm on the edge of Haggerman, Belport and E. Patchogue, if that makes
any sense to you.

The Pine Barrens. I have alway wanted to visit that area of Jersey. Ofcourse I have a strange attraction to weird supernatural stories and the Jersey Devil is such a neat tale. And it looks like beautiful country. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum PJF1313.

Welcome to the forums, I did stoves and fireplaces on Long Island for 15 years or so in Patchogue and Commack and have since fled to Central NY so I can play with the lake effect snow bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.