Invincible Insert in Prefab Chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skid296

Mar 12, 2014
Maine
I recently purchased a Harman Invincible insert and intend to install it in my modular home. I have heard varying opinions...so I would like to know if this installation will be possible With or without a kit.

It is not a masonry chimney. Just the metal piping which worked for the fireplace insert that is currently installed. Will it be possible to simply install the bracket/harness used for the invincible's former installation, put 4" vent past flue, and run it? I am new to this and need help asap.

what function does a kit have, and are they available for invincible? am I making a mistake with this purchase?

thanks!

You should look at the appliance rating plate in the unit you have now & tell us what it is. It's probably a Zero Clearance Fireplace, not an insert.
Depending on the age of it, that rating plate may or may not be legible, but look for it just inside the front opening, behind the doors or screen,
on either side of the opening.
If you can take a picture or two & post them here, do so. We'd like to see the fireplace from across the room & outside of your home showing the ground &
the top of the chimney. A pic of the rating plate is also good,,,
Also, please clarify exactly what you are referring to as a "kit."
We're here to help, but we need more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.