is a BK stove top of 700 degrees too hot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Monitor catalytic temperatures:. A catalytic meter will tell you when to engage your combustor, when to turn down your stove, and when your combustor needs to be cleaned or replaced. It signals when to avoid damaging catalyst at temperatures exceeding 1500° Fahrenheit (1050° Celsius)." http://www.woodstovecombustors.com/maintenance.html

1050C = 1922F, Those temps for extended perods are pushing the Cat a bit. Cat's love 1500F, right in it's happy zone.

Reactions: Woody Stover
I've posted this before, mine came with one with numbers, if anyone wants a reference to roughly what temp you are running cat.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted this before, mine came with one with numbers, if anyone wants a reference to roughly what temp you are running cat.
View attachment 152823

Careful. The Condar meters are available in more than one range so we can't assume that high noon on your meter is the same as high noon on our oem bk meters. The good news is that if you are worried about exceeding a particular temperature you can buy a meter with numbers and use it. You'll also notice that 1900 is way off the scale.

Reactions: tarzan
Good point. As in Quentins pic. Most pics I have seen with probe thermometer and stove top thermometer seem to suggest that actual cat temp will be roughly double stove top temp just over the cat?

Good point, I havent seen one in awhile, the one I did see the active line was right about 10:00 like this one. Highbeam, Tarzan, how about your princess? Does the active/inactive line look the same as mine?

Good point, I havent seen one in awhile, the one I did see the active line was right about 10:00 like this one. Highbeam, Tarzan, how about your princess? Does the active/inactive line look the same as mine?
Right in the ball park with mine, I have a 2014 princess, maybe the line is slightly lower than yours; going off the one towards the top of ur pic

Status
Not open for further replies.