Is a Ulefos 864 any good ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirojira

Dec 8, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Hello evryone,
I am considering a purchase of a Ulefos 864. Is this a usable stove,, or junk??
It will be used to heat a very small space(work shop-shed) 300 sq feet
I welcome all experiences and testimonials as well as concerns and warnings

Thanks in advance.

It's a Jotul 602 design. I just checked a Norwegian stove forum and folks there seem to like them. One commented that they thought the burnplates and baffle were better quality than the Jotul.
http://www.byggebolig.no/peis-ovn-pipe-brannmur-brensel/ulefos-864

A caveat for this type of stove is pay attention and don't space out the air control. With dry wood this style stove can take off quickly. Add a stove pipe damper for better control and for sure have a thermometer or two, one for the pipe and one for the stove, so that you can keep track of it heating up.

Reactions: kirojira
It's a Jotul 602 design. I just checked a Norwegian stove forum and folks there seem to like them. One commented that they thought the burnplates and baffle were better quality than the Jotul.
http://www.byggebolig.no/peis-ovn-pipe-brannmur-brensel/ulefos-864

A caveat for this type of stove is pay attention and don't space out the air control. With dry wood this style stove can take off quickly. Add a stove pipe damper for better control and for sure have a thermometer or two, one for the pipe and one for the stove, so that you can keep track of it heating up.

Thanks a bunch,
that makes me feel confident about the purchase!
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.