Is it safe to burn in this stove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
923A5DC5-B76B-4B24-8B38-F94947AEA2FE.png 625A69D9-8E5A-4461-B31C-37A80A3AFC9D.png
Im trying to get wood stove to burn outside to produce some heat near the pool and for fun to watch . Found this online cheap. Is it safe to burn outside . I see there is a crack . I can cover it with some stone and stove cement . May be . Again , this year s for outside burning .

Attachments

• 743CE753-4D6F-437B-896B-9F6EA5E9FC08.png
    743CE753-4D6F-437B-896B-9F6EA5E9FC08.png
    635.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, outside, on a concrete patio, near the pool. Yeah, I would burn it I can't see, even if the cracks got way bigger, how it could catch anything on fire.
Ought to go really cheap.

Guy is asking $ 140. But open to negotiation . What should I offer him ?

Heck, he has a pretty useless pile of scrap for anyone who is not going to use it for your intended purpose--I would think that this puts you in a pretty good position to low ball him. I think I'd offer $50 and see what happens. I really wouldn't go higher than $100 if I was in your shoes.

I wouldn't pay a cent for it. If free, your call.

are you planing on using it inside a house? I wouldn't. Even if you welded it you would end up with another crack somewhere since they obviously misused it or it is defective. I like the idea of using it outside.... Until it becomes a runaway fire and causes a big problem.

What’s the worst that could happen? It’s not like it will explode, well, as long as you use wood for fuel.