is my stove a cat stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuco1963

Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2010
east central indiana
hi all
ive been reading about others stoves on this site and was wondering about mine its a high efficiancy model country hearth 2000 from the us stove co it has a ceramic board covering 3/4 of the top of the stove , its resting on 3 pipes with holes in it going width wise of the stove my owners manuel or the web site for us stoves doesnt say and i was wondering if it was a Catalytic stove or what

tuco1963 in the great ohio valley said:
hi all
ive been reading about others stoves on this site and was wondering about mine its a high efficiancy model country hearth 2000 from the us stove co it has a ceramic board covering 3/4 of the top of the stove , its resting on 3 pipes with holes in it going width wise of the stove my owners manuel or the web site for us stoves doesnt say and i was wondering if it was a Catalytic stove or what

Non-cat. The three pipes are the burn tubes.

If it has the secondary air tubes it's a non cat.

My Uncle has a 2000. Pretty good heater. As long as you use the blower. Pretty much E/W loading. Unless you cut the wood really short. I took some chunks and smalls over and it burned great N/S. But cutting your wood to 12" would be a pain.

rdust said:

Careful with that statement in the future rdust. Remember the Woodstock Progress.

Backwoods Savage said:
rdust said:

Careful with that statement in the future rdust. Remember the Woodstock Progress.

Uh huh and the Alderlea's don't use burn tubes either.. Actually it's similar to the Progress stove except the baffle is level and parallel to the top of the stove VS the Progress which is angled toward the front..

Ray

Backwoods Savage said:
rdust said:

No reason to be careful with that statement in this thread, he said this "mine its a high efficiancy model country hearth 2000 from the us stove co" no where does it say Woodstock in his post so the Progress does not apply here. :)

raybonz said:
Uh huh and the Alderlea's don't use burn tubes either.. Actually it's similar to the Progress stove except the baffle is level and parallel to the top of the stove VS the Progress which is angled toward the front..

Ray

Once again the OP already said it had tubes(OP actually said "pipes") with this statement "it has a ceramic board covering 3/4 of the top of the stove , its resting on 3 pipes with holes in it going width wise" His question wasn't about the types of technologies out there, just asked a question about his stove. :)

Hearth.com; we take simple answers and make them complicated! :lol:

BrowningBAR said:
Hearth.com; we take simple answers and make them complicated! :lol:

LMAO I couldn't have said it better!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.