Is that really a cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, its a loaded super duty on the first page! :lol: Wish my ranger would do that. I will just have to settle for a half cord at best. That sure would be a time saver though!

Flatbedford said:
Battenkiller said:
D major reason to avoid that guy is that it looks like he's selling A diminished chord. A major triad and true method is to figure 180 cubic feet tossed = 128 cubic feet stacked.

I think you win. :lol:
pretty sure there were no winners with all this punny banter. lol.

pile o’ wood said:
I have the same 8' bed Super Duty as in the pic. I built walls on the sides that come straight up to just shy of the cab hieght by a couple inches. Calculated out if I remember was 1.1 cord (not subtracting for wheel wells though).

This guys stack may peak out in the middle at a similar hieght but no way without sides on it that his stack is as high as the cab at the bedwalls and it tapers off in the back as well. I'd say if it was stacked tight to those dimensions he has 3/4 cord but since its loose thrown I'd say probably 2/3 cord.

Here is what I built and is about a cord (if it was stacked full and tight):
2nd pic is actually heaped over the cab a few inched, so should make up for the wheel well loss and the last couple inches lost between wood and tailgate.

That Ford SD long bed is loaded with more than a cord for sure. The original puickup with loose tossed and no sideboards is only a half cord, maybe a touch more.

Looks like the guy offers a chord, but then changes his tune.

Highbeam said:
That Ford SD long bed is loaded with more than a cord for sure. The original puickup with loose tossed and no sideboards is only a half cord, maybe a touch more.

I just don't get how it can be more than a cord when i do the math. If the bed is 8ft, then I do LxWxH to get 98"x63.9"x20" and then add that to a pyramids volume of 1/3(Bxh) all together using a pyramid stacked on top of a cube I get just under 100 cubic feet.

Danno,
I think we are talking about pile o' wood's SD.

pile o’ wood said:
I have the same 8' bed Super Duty as in the pic. I built walls on the sides that come straight up to just shy of the cab hieght by a couple inches. Calculated out if I remember was 1.1 cord (not subtracting for wheel wells though).

This guys stack may peak out in the middle at a similar hieght but no way without sides on it that his stack is as high as the cab at the bedwalls and it tapers off in the back as well. I'd say if it was stacked tight to those dimensions he has 3/4 cord but since its loose thrown I'd say probably 2/3 cord.

2nd pic is actually heaped over the cab a few inched, so should make up for the wheel well loss and the last couple inches lost between wood and tailgate.

Of course, the attached picture doesn't come with the quote. :mad:

Post #18

$115/cord is music to my ears, but a pick-up load for $115 just gives me the blues. A classical case of bait and switch. that's Flat out wrong. What a dead beat. Not a very sharp businessman.

Flatbedford said:
Danno,
I think we are talking about pile o' wood's SD.

pile o’ wood said:

Of course, the attached picture doesn't come with the quote. :mad:

Post #18
a reread tells me you are right. so we all agree. Ever since I got sick (well over a week ago, now) my brain hasn't been working at 100%. Maybe more like 60-70% if i'm lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.