Is there a pellet shortage already!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, seriously, is there a pellet shortage already? I live in Salem, NH and can't find pellets for delivery unless I spend $375/ton for the Okanagan Douglas Firs! Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions!?
I'm starting to get frustrated and nervous! I've been calling all local dealers for a week and nobody seems to have anything!
Yes...

Well you should enjoy your beer and game knowing that your stash is bought and paid for

At $375 a ton would just turn on the oil furnace don't have to clean it

Reactions: Peterfield
How much are LaCrete's going for in Pa.... anyone?

Cheap pricing in LaCretes will be found up in NH as far as I've seen- Canadian pellet, but quite a good deal with per us ton pricing on metric tons.

Last edited:
Friend of mine got lacretes for $319/ton including delivery here in CT. I tried calling them today and they're all out for the season.

I already have 2 tons of okanagans on the way but was hoping to get my hands on some other brands as well. No such luck so far.

I'm not sure if lacretes are available in my area unless lowes or Home Depot would have them but next time I'm out I will check the price if they have them

Friend of mine got lacretes for $319/ton including delivery here in CT. I tried calling them today and they're all out for the season.

I already have 2 tons of okanagans on the way but was hoping to get my hands on some other brands as well. No such luck so far.
I purchased my 3 of LaCretes in July for $305/ton... Wow all out for the season - that sux. I just checked where I purchased mine (CT Pellet in Bristol, CT ) has LaCretes still listed for $309/ton (300 for cash) - maybe give them a call

Interesting thread. Pellets are short and prices going up while heating oil and natural gas inventories are up and prices are coming down.

Well let's fire up the oil furnace then and hang out on the oil forum

Reactions: BrotherBart
Interesting thread. Pellets are short and prices going up while heating oil and natural gas inventories are up and prices are coming down.
Unfortunately... I have electric baseboard heat... and Connecticut Light & Power just asked for a huge rate increase! Pellets will always be less - especially if you've ever seen a $940.00 January electric bill doing a 'normal' year :(

Well let's fire up the oil furnace then and hang out on the oil forum

Well, h.c. does have a forum room for gas stoves. ;lol

Maybe we will start another one called "The Oil Patch".

Well, h.c. does have a forum room for gas stoves. ;lol

Maybe we will start another one called "The Oil Patch".
Lol! That's funny right there if you don't think that's funny you need to leave

Unfortunately... I have electric baseboard heat... and Connecticut Light & Power just asked for a huge rate increase! Pellets will always be less - especially if you've ever seen a $940.00 January electric bill doing a 'normal' year :(

I hear ya. This joint is all electric and I don't even have the baseboards. The heat pump died from lack of use in the 90's and the nearest gas pipe is nine miles from here.

But $940! _g

well my 'base' electric usage is about $125 - $150 / month.... maybe $250 with the a/c's going. So a good January / February it is easily $750-$800 for the 'heat' usuage.

Actually electric baseboard heat (price aside) is wonderful! I have 13 rooms and all have their own thermostat. Since every room doesn't heat up and cool off at the same rate, each room having it's own thermostat is wonderful! It is the most EVENLY heated house I've ever been in - period! Same temp room to room, no cold spots when the winter sun starts setting, etc. I just love having a 24/7 fire as I would argue most on this site whether they burn coal, wood or pellets. Pellet stoves just make it soooooooooo easy!

I stayed in a hotel with 13 rooms one time. ;lol

Hey

If you think it's frustrating as a consumer that wants to buy 3-4 tons,
think of the frustration of being a small dealer,
able to sell a trailer truck load a day right now,
and can't get them... anything... :(

September... This rots.

Dan

At $375 a ton would just turn on the oil furnace don't have to clean it
At $375 a ton and a future that looks like the price can only go higher like everything else, I'd be on the phone with an HVAC guy talking high efficiency mini-split heat pumps with 4 zones each!

Reactions: Ctcarl
Status
Not open for further replies.