Is there a Wood/oil fired forced hot water heating system?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antaya

Sep 26, 2008
western Maine
I am trying to find an indoor duel fuel boiler as in WOOD/OIL for a forced hot water base board heating system.Is there such a thing? I would appreciate any information anyone has to offer. Living in Maine have lots of wood.Want to use less OIL
But need forced hot water system due to kids with ASTHMA.
Thanks so much
Jane

I own a Switzer boiler that is wood and oil fired. I hope to never use the oil gun but it is there just in case.
I've read here that Tarm does or did offer a duel fuel also. My boiler is very large and has built in water storage.
It requires a minimum 6' x 6' opening to enter your planned boiler room. The Tarm can fit thru a standard 32" door but requires separate water storage. Search this forum and you will find lots of great insight and excellent advice from an abundance of bright and experienced wood heat journeymen (before making your purchase).

I chose the Newmac because it seemed to fit the bill for my application. Newmac also has a great customer service department, and there was a dealer nearby. I'm pretty happy with my system so far.

There is a listing for a Newmac oil/wood furnace on Craigslist for around $3k in Binghamton, NY. I called not realizing it's a furnace(I need a boiler) and he claims to have installed these for many years...very reliable and good quality according to him & others I have spoken to. He's retired and has 1 left.

Status
Not open for further replies.