Is this a legit connection?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dapperistdan

Aug 5, 2014
MA
This is the connection between my tee snout and my thru wall thimble. Neither were crimped, so i had to crimp the tee snout. I feel like it may have been over crimped and there may be gaps where smoke could come out.

Original fitup:

From inside:

From outside:

Does this look pretty standard? Could I use a high temp sealant for peace of mind?

Also, heres a pic of progress so far

No sealant will stay in there. In that case i would hammer those crimps flat again and you should be using rivits there instead of screws

I know that white is supposed to be the worst color for a stove but that just looks awesome. Cannot wait to see the pics when it is finished and you have a fire burning. :)

I know that white is supposed to be the worst color for a stove but that just looks awesome. Cannot wait to see the pics when it is finished and you have a fire burning. :)

Why worst color? Just a pain to clean all the time? i was hoping it would just take a quick wipe down once every few days. Thanks for compliments, i'll post once its up and running, hopefully will have hard woods installed too

Black cars show every spec of dust, while silver and white cars tend to hide dust and dirt. That white stove may stay cleaner looking than a similar black stove!

Fsappo - you want the pipe to be connect in reverse so in the event you have creosote it can drip back towards the stove and hopefully get re-burned.

The photo with single wall coming out of that insulflue looking thing I thought was black stove connector pipe at first glance. I think I got it now, Its liner, male into insulflue thingie coming from the liner tee

On the notion this isn't a 'check out my install' thread, I must say I'm digging the white porcelain and direction your install is heading. No worries about overkill; I think you're gonna love that thing. In short order you'll figure out when you need to be building a smaller fire to suit your heating needs. Regardless of color, the cast iron bodywork doesn't radiate heat like the glass does. Its still thermal mass that retains the heat for a while after the coals go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.