Is this Deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Found a Englander Stove Works, Model 25-PDVE on craigslist for $500 the picture looks like the stove in great shape it apparently needs a vacuum hose and gasket (how much do they run and is the repair involved?). The owners are elderly and do not wish to keep up with a stove anymore. What do you guys think???

The combustion gasket (if that's the one it needs) is only like $12 from Englander, and I can't imagine the hose can be much either.

Any possibility the stove can be started up? (bypass the vacuum switch) The "repair" on these shouldn't be hard at all.

For $500, I'd give it a shot. BTW, what year stove is it?

They have uninstalled the unit. Im trying to put together the cash but it looks like I will have to get it when my tax return comes in. I am trying to see if they can hold it for me.

dhungy said:
They have uninstalled the unit.......

You can run it in outside without any pipe attached. If it's in a garage or something, just get an extension cord, bring some pellets, and try firing it up.

Looks like I am to late. They are holding it for another guy till friday...

To bad they don't advertise the clearance sale. Otherwise its kind of a check in thing and with both big box stores about 30 miles from my house its a pain.

dhungy said:
To bad they don't advertise the clearance sale. Otherwise its kind of a check in thing and with both big box stores about 30 miles from my house its a pain.

You can call them up once a week and ask if they are discounting the stoves yet LOL. After a while they might just give you one to get you to stop calling!

Status
Not open for further replies.