Is this guy nuts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to be in good condition on the outside. Many sellers actually do the research and find that the current model sells for ~$3,000 and they think that they can sell theirs for a good discount off that. Some buyers do the same and agree - it's a free market. What amazes me is that some sellers (and sometimes buyers) are willing to ask (and pay) so much for something that cost what in 1981 dollars - $1,100? I have no idea, but some of these stoves simply could not have cost very much at the time they were sold. They were then used for 20+ years. Good for the seller if they can get it.

MarkG

yea ,That stove was 1350 + tax I bought one in 1982 I really liked the fire box it was huge you could put 3 12" logs in north and south. It burned more wood then my Equinox but I liked throwing large logs in not much splitting . The guy could use a real good cleaning. I wouldn't have listed it looking like that.

I didn't think it was legal to sell a non EPA stove in OR even private party.

Status
Not open for further replies.