Is this price for pellets too steep???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wldraven1965

Aug 22, 2010
Far Far Away Land
One of the local pellet dealers is selling a ton of Hamers Hot ones for 270.00 and 30.00 to deliver... Is the price a bit high or is that the normal price? Anyones opinion would be appreciated.....

its about right,personally I hate hamer hot ones,I think they are dirty smelly and did not burn well for me. IMHO

Considering the absolute GLUT of pellets this year, I'd say that is pretty high. Prices for those pellets in most areas are running about $250 or sometimes even less.

If you have a Tractor Supply near you, call them. If they have Hardwood Heat, that is the same pellet as the Hamer's.

If the local Home Depot has Winter Warmth, that is also a Hamer pellet.

As for the delivery charges, that is a very good price....is that per ton, or per delivery?

About two weeks ago i paid 239.00 per ton for Hammer's Hot Ones. I really like this pellet, seems to burn very well in my Empress FS. Last year around this time local prices (south west* CT) were 300.00 to 350.00 per ton for the same brand.

The Ace Hardware near me has them for $235 a ton, but they want $60 for delivery.

wldraven1965 said:
One of the local pellet dealers is selling a ton of Hamers Hot ones for 270.00 and 30.00 to deliver... Is the price a bit high or is that the normal price? Anyones opinion would be appreciated.....

well, fortunately, with the glut of pellets available, youve got alot of other options as well......go, capitalism!

If the Southern States Hardwood Heat is the same as Hamer, then the Milford Southern States has them for 4.69 a bag and they're kept inside. Don't know if they deliver or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.