Is this really for us?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that is not that great was the first cleaning. One month and I had a gallon of creosote. Wood MC 20% but over choking the stove. This is what I thought was causing the build up. I wonder.......how do you insulation in my case?

Mike821 said:
.......how do you insulation in my case?

With the bottom block off in place, take off the top plate and pour it down the sides of the liner.

LOL....dam spell checker..How do I insulation...ha ha.

So I should insulate? I have a 25ft clay stack with a 6" SS in it. That is going to be some mud I have to stuff in that pipe. The question is how much?

any insight Jags? I don't want to overkill, but it would cause the stack to heat up faster I would guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.