It's about that time again.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove is anxiously standing bye :cheese:

I'm ready but we're fighting it! I'm roasting a chicken right now so the house is nice and warm...and smells good too!

Chan

CWR ,you might be on to something there.scented pellets.nothing smells better than walking into a house to the smell of a roasting chicken.now if we could only scent the pellets we could have it 24/7.ha,ha.corned beef would be a very close 2nd.

Nothing...and I mean nothing...smells as good as home made bread! Maybe tomorrow night!

Chan

Quit it you too, Your making me hungry! I already had dinner. Maybe some pie? Ahhhhh! Its a wonder me too fat!

j-takeman said:
Quit it you too, Your making me hungry! I already had dinner. Maybe some pie? Ahhhhh! Its a wonder me too fat!

just tell everyone your a little short for your weight :lol:

j-takeman said:

Sorry 'bout that Jay. I should have posted a warning.

Fired mine up tonight..nice and toasty..

Well, dinners done...and I'm relaxing in the family room...I look up at the thermometer...46 degrees out, 70 in, and that's without the pellet stove. All that time and money spent on insulation pays off! It looks like I can delay running the stove for another night or two.

Chan

SmokeyTheBear said:
Try homemade bread in that oven........

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about....there is NOTHING better than the smell of fresh bread when you walk into the house on a cold winter's day. :)

corkman said:
CWR ,you might be on to something there.scented pellets.nothing smells better than walking into a house to the smell of a roasting chicken.now if we could only scent the pellets we could have it 24/7.ha,ha.corned beef would be a very close 2nd.

If your running corned beef scented pellets and your smelling it inside than I think you have a problem with that exhaust. It suppose ta go outside. ;-P
Then how many dogs are ya gonna have to explain to. :lol:

Fired mine up tonight. First time ever using a pellet stove to provide heat.

Inside of an hour the family room rose from 59 to 67.

I am impressed. I think this stove is going to do very well for us, as we keep the house colder than most.

fishsniffer said:
......Inside of an hour the family room rose from 59 to 67.

I am impressed. I think this stove is going to do very well for us, as we keep the house colder than most.

Just keep the stove clean, clean, clean. Minimum once a week firepot/firebox cleaning, and once a month full stove cleaning should take care of that.

Oh, and you might find that you like the heat so much, you'll be tempted to raise your house temp a little. I find 69-70 w/ pellet heat is VERY comfy.

PS I LOVE your avatar!

fishsniffer said:
brady campaign asked starbucks to ban open carry of firearms in their stores. Starbucks "politely refused."........

Good for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.