Its been awhile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
Wow things haven't changed much on here.(Same circus different clowns) I must say wood burning is definitely in the blood.Ive hadn't posted since 2009.. Last yr I redid the house .The house was covered in 86 yr old cedar shake siding. Ive have 36 bag's of really dry cedar shake. I could put a handful of this stuff in to the insert and temp will climb fast. So fast its scary. Can't be leave they installed this stuff on houses. I now just use the shake to start and to have temps climd as I need it.Well the house is done with new 3/4 inch insulation board, windows ,siding and roof . It was allot of work for one person to do and I'm hoping it will all pay off in the long run.( had help with the roof) Ive come a cross allot of wood this summer and its the first time Ive been caught up in awhile and it feels good. I got really behind last yr and couldn't keep up and had to BUY wood (killed Me) 2 cords.
Whats so nice about this project that I competed is the fax that the house is now energy efficient . I'm even using the old non efficient materials to re heat the house its a win win for me and the family.
Once it's in the Blood Its in the Blood The boy are getting a little older now and help out some witch its get to the point I can have them go and get the wood for reloads.
We all-so got a new puppy 6 month old (beagle/hound Mix) and I don't now who loves the fire more me or her. What a smart dog cant wait to get her out in the woods to hunt more fire wood.

Burd

Nice energy efficient upgrade. Will pay you back every year forward. :)
Love beagles, great rabbit dogs until the start chasing deer.

Yep time to be gathering next years wood, have fun.
Gonna have snow pretty soon there.

Hay, Burd , nice ta see ya :)

Love hearing about a new puppy ! Get some pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.