1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

It's here! Harman P35i Kidified

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Tim Linden, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Tim Linden

Tim Linden New Member

Woot! We had to get a massive gate but it's not too bad =P I have 3 girls (6,4,1.5) and a boy due next month. They like to dance and frolic and fall so.. =P

[​IMG]

The only change I would have made.. Was to buy the gate way before when I ordered the stove. Nobody around here had one that would work, just the dealer, $200 later... (Amazon has it $40 cheaper, but I reminded the wife $40 is worth not having a terrible accident while waiting for it to come in).

Is it bad that I was already snooping around Lowes's supply of pellets while looking for a gate? Haven't even burned 1/10th of a bag yet hahaha
    Lineman30 likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Tim Linden

Tim Linden New Member

oops; too excited to notice the way off center lol
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

The sickness has started.
  4. rmcgr8one

rmcgr8one New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    I have the same stove. I have enjoyed it so far.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    ;)
    X2

Very nice!
  6. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Looking good! Enjoy the heat!
  7. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Nice looking stove. That gate will keep the pigs away from the stove. Better get another to put around your pellet stash. 10 feet of chain link with barbed wire on top usually slows them down.
  8. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Looks great -- congrats! Exciting to get that boy on the fourth try, too ;)
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Nothing short of a full mine field can stop a pig on a mission and even then it is because they fear the bags of pellets will get ruined.

Enjoy the heat.
  10. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Lookin good... Sickness has set in.... It's to late, your doomed, you'll never make it :)
  11. mikesj

mikesj Member

Loc:
    Western MD
    Looks good! Enjoy the heat!
  12. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT
    I wouldn't burn without the gate.. 18month old girl

Nice set up bro
  13. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I have 3 stoves in my home (wood eater and pellet furnace in basement and Quad upstairs).

My 19 month old Daughter is more of a Pyro than me, but wont get closer than 10 ft from the stove. Her first word was "Hot"!

And still to this day, when i go downstairs, she HAS to go. Otherwise, she looks through the kitty door on the basement door and yells for Daddy!!

My Quad is in the Dining room (not a frequently visited room) and when the baby is downstairs, I am too. So its not like mine are in a main living area, but my Son was 6 when i got the 1st stove and he NEVER went near it.

Kids are smart and learn quick. But accidents happen. The closer the stove is to a play area, the more I like the gate. Mine are not in play areas.. No gates. Only person burned is me on the wood stove. Burnin my forearms weekly :)

Thats an awesome looking install and Harman is top notch. Congrats
  14. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    When pigs fly - fences won't work!
  15. Tim Linden

Tim Linden New Member

Thanks guys! I have a few questions...

1) How loud should the blower be when on low vs high? On high, we have to turn the TV volume on.
    On low, I can't tell that anything is on so I'm wondering if the low setting isn't even working..

2) How often should the system push pellets in. I get that the feed setting will change how much of
    a minute is pushing pellets, but I thought that would mean say 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off? It
    seems like it's doing it a lot and the flame is very low right now (it was huge and hot last night lol)

So for temps.. It got up to 82 in living room, 70 in rest of the house last night! I had to goto bed so
    I turned it down. Install was about 4:30 so not too much time to play with settings.. (I had it on stove
    temp to get the smells going away)

Tim
  16. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Nice stove...
  17. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    We have the same get-up here too. Two girls 3 and 5. The nice thing about these portable gates is that they come pre-drilled for an additional razor-wire tier at the top for when the kids get tall enough to scale the base fence.
    Brokenwing and Eatonpcat like this.