Its New pellet stove time.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
so after all the issues decided this is the week I order a new pellet stove. Wife wants either a stove in the porcelain white or brown. We are replacing an enviro windsor in white.

We have found and looked at the harman absolute 43 and the XXV and the quadrafire castile as these are offered in brown and white.

Are there any other quality pellet stoves in the brown and white colors?

The absolute comes in porcelain brown, the xxv - tc comes in white or brown, castile is black only, the harman allure 50 comes in white as do some of the Ravelli's and Piazzetta's, that's all that I know of.

The absolute comes in porcelain brown, the xxv - tc comes in white or brown, castile is black only, the harman allure 50 comes in white as do some of the Ravelli's and Piazzetta's, that's all that I know of.

The ravelli and piazettas are a little to tall where it's going. I was told the Castille comes in white and brown.. no biggie, rules that 1 out....

Looks like a harman

I would recommend the Absolute or Allure over the XXV. XXV is a little tougher to clean the comb. fan and the loudest running stove of the 3.

Reactions: steevo
If height is an issue that rules out the Allure also

Just checked quadrafires web page and shows Castille available in the brown.

So absolute 43, xxv ( will look at what was said about cleaning) and the Castille

Actually it does look like the castile comes in brown and the quad trekker comes in brown or white and the absolute 63 comes in brown

While researching some more, the absolute 63 has 2 distribution/convection blowers ( this stove was running at the store and you could feel the fans 25 feet away easily and pretty good). The xxv has a single distribution/convection fan that is the style like on my enviro windsor and seems about the same power. How is the fan on the xxv while running? is it powerful as in feeling it a ways away? My enviro fan is new and its meh on feeling it at the other side of the room.

the absolute 63 will be a tighter fit on the hearth in front of the fireplace ( clearance wise no issues ) the xxv is not as deep. The 43 would work, just cant get 1 until end of march or later. the xxv and 63 will be 2 weeks at the latest.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Absolutes are a nice stove