It's New Years eve and I'm hangin with my pals on Hearth.com...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewboy

Oct 8, 2008
Lakes Region, NH
Just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for the knowledge and Happy New Year. My house is warm and I can't think of a better place to hang out than in front of the stove. Well, maybe a few places might be better but I think I'll be a home-boy for the last night of 2009...
Cheers, Rob

I'm with you. Invited to a great party, but the wife, dog and I are hanging out in front of the fire. Icy snow covered roads plus alcohol DON'T mix!

mcollect said:
I'm with you. Invited to a great party, but the wife, dog and I are hanging out in front of the fire. Icy snow covered roads plus alcohol DON'T mix!

+1

Chillin' at home with the family and stove as well. :coolgrin:

It's me & the Murph, working on toasty.

Going to move/split/chainsaw wood this weekend. Should be fun !!!

Happy New Year to you too! Is your avatar dog your current dog? Is he a collie? Looks like a "farm collie" which I am partial to...

tickbitty said:
Happy New Year to you too! Is your avatar dog your current dog? Is he a collie? Looks like a "farm collie" which I am partial to...
Tickbitty - He's an Australian shepherd - Boomer. Smart as a whip, we have two boys and just adopted an 8 yr. old girl in May. Boomer can catch a frisbee like no other...but he's scared of sheep! So much for the herding mentality...
Rob

Same here; me and the cat and some hot chocolate with marshmallows, and the stove of course. COmfy cosy over here- HAPPY NEW YEAR..................

The next few hours can't pass quick enough. I have 180 rnds., ready to be born, out of 6 different barrels. Ball drops, We ROCK! Happy New Year to All!

Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire said:
tickbitty said:
Tickbitty - He's an Australian shepherd - Boomer. Smart as a whip, we have two boys and just adopted an 8 yr. old girl in May. Boomer can catch a frisbee like no other...but he's scared of sheep! So much for the herding mentality...
Rob
Ah, I love Aussies too... my dog was dumped at my old house when he was tiny - 6 lbs. He looked like a little rottie mix but he turned into this very elegant collie(?) mix and I think he's the best thing ever... 10 yrs and 65lbs and looks nothing like a rottie. Your dog has a very distinguished look!
My dog (I have three dogs now but my MAIN dog) would be terribly freaked out by beetle kill's ammo, he's gunshy!

Rosie and we decided to stay in tonite - but she demanded the control.

Attachments

• rosienewyears.jpg
    rosienewyears.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 208
mcollect said:
Add an 8 month old and we're right there with ya (and just south of you in Tucker County)

Just in from the studio where I spent a thoroughly enjoyable evening sanding and painting a crappy bookcase that will solve a book storage problem when finished. I couldn't agree more about not wanting to go "out" to ring in the New Year on what we refer to as "amateur night"! I loaded the stove for the night and realized the split that I was worried about was, in fact, too long. Couldn't make it work, even kitty corner. I opened the window and tossed it out into the snow sparks trailing its fall to the ground below... . That's when I realized I'm completely comfortable with stoves and fire, I never flinched or gave my course of action a second thought, lol.

Time to hit the hay with my book now.

I'm in for the night also. A young family and a new yorkie puppy (not house broken yet uuug!) along with the two other dogs and a movie.
Been warm here only about 35-38*F outside with light rain
makes for an easy night one stove only. Going to lowes in the a.m. To check the price on the 13 if it's down I'm buying.

Bobbin said:
...we refer to as "amateur night"!

That brings back memories. I once asked the lady that owned the bar we stopped at after work why she closed on New Year's Eve every year and missed out on the business. She said "You guys come in, have a few drinks, chat up the waitresses and then go home. On New Years Eve all of the amateur drunks come out and trash the place and think they are God's gift to the waitresses. Me and the crew don't need that crap.".

Happy and Warm New Year wood burners.

Home in the mountains... toasty fire to share with wifey. Lot's of ice and snow pack, so home's the place to be.

Happy New Year!

Stayed home tonight too. Just Luger puppy and I. Not enjoying his "Natural Gas" very much though!!

Went to the neighbors, had a few brewskies, about 8:30 pm took the wife home than headed for town to pick up grandson so he could spend the night. Wouldn't you know it, the local cop made a u-turn, turned his lights on & pulled me over. I thought my a** was grass. He said "are you aware of our saturation patrol tonight?" I said I wasn't but wasn't surprised. He then explained to me that one of my headlights was out. Didn't even ask for license. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.