It's official, end of season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
north of 60 said:
91 again here today. Humidity at 25%. Ill take cooler weather anyday. 68 would be just fine.
N of 60

Sounds like what I grew up with in West Texas. Used to be over a hundred but zip for humidity. Loved it. Here 90 with 93 percent humidity is a real bummer. Here if we had 25% humidity people would probably have to break out the Chapstick.

91 in the Yukon kills every vision I ever had of the area. :long: Grew up thinking you guys were ass deep in snow 12 months a year. In fact until you came along I still thought that.

Crazy weather. First "hot" week we've had here actually mostly humid. The resorts at Cape Cod and Newport are hurting bad, I hear. Rumor is a short summer and a bad winter in NE. Hope your wood is stacked and dry.

north of 60 said:
Well BB, and I didnt know you could burn oak. :lol:

YOU can't. We don't export our good stuff. It's kinda like you guys and your beer. :)

Sorry. Like Jags said, we can't. But then again you've got some great pub ales that are kept over ther, right?

Wow, that list makes me want to visit. One interesting thing I noticed was the relatively low ABV. I guess that way, you can sample more! :snake:

It's 100* here today, with plenty of humidity, and I wonder how much drying our wood does here in the hot, humid Summers. We have had a relatively cool, wet Summer so far, but I guess we are overdue for some heat. We just got back from vacation in West Virginia, and the cool nights had me pining for Fall. Oh well, it'll be here in a blink of an eye I'm sure. The Redskins march to the Super Bowl starts in a mere matter of weeks! :shut:

pulldownclaw said:
It's 100* here today, with plenty of humidity, and I wonder how much drying our wood does here in the hot, humid Summers. We have had a relatively cool, wet Summer so far, but I guess we are overdue for some heat. We just got back from vacation in West Virginia, and the cool nights had me pining for Fall. Oh well, it'll be here in a blink of an eye I'm sure. The Redskins march to the Super Bowl starts in a mere matter of weeks! :shut:

This years stash has been drying for three years under cover so I don't think the 100 degrees and soaking humidity we shared with ya today will hurt it. But your Redskins were practicing out in it today so maybe Zorn can blame what happens during the season on the heat at practice. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.