1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Its Officially Cold. I got what I was asking for....

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by katwillny, Dec 31, 2012.

1. katwillny

katwillny Guest

This entire week its supposed to below freezing during the day and in the teens and low twenties all week. All of that hard work earlier in the year is now paying off. This is what in the summer months I look forward to. I am happier than a pig in slop. Both stoves are firing on all cylinders, and house is really nice and toasty.

Attached Files:

• kitch.PNG
      kitch.PNG
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • kitd.PNG
      kitd.PNG
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • rije.PNG
      rije.PNG
      File size:
      771.8 KB
      Views:
    • d.PNG
      d.PNG
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    We've had 8"+ of snow, then 4" more. Mon. night they are calling for freezing rain. Yep, we've got plenty of slop but I ain't no pig, dammit! :mad: [Wife might beg to differ...] ;lol
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. ailanthus

ailanthus Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Shen Valley, VA
    Nice, looks nice & toasty! Not that cold here but I'm finally able to break into my locust pile and try it out. Can you describe the installation/chimney on that smaller stove? Pellet stove?
  4. Dune

Dune Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    Yep, time for my first ash emptying. Need more room in the stove.
  5. remkel

remkel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southwest NH
    Looking forward to that freezing rain on top of that snow.....guess I better bring in some more wood and fill the generator with gas.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Snow is always better than freezing rain... Nothing expected here for moisture for the next week or more. Nice for wood cutting.
  7. suprz

suprz Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    Got about 6 inches here on saturday, and it is getting into the teens tonight. The stove has been up and running since 4pm and the upstairs is a toasty 73 degrees
  8. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    I have been asking for this weather for the last year and a half and finally got it. Had 2 inches of snow Christmas eve, 8 inches Wednesday, and an inch and a half Saturday morning. High temperatures for the last week have not gotten out of the high 30s so have been running the stove 24/7 with 2 or 3 full loads a day, but even with highs in the 30s and lows in the mid 20s daytime house temps are around 90 and temps in the morning after the overnight load are never below 78. This snow messed up my wood cutting. Have a lot of oak trees down from sandy that I wanted to get cut before spring so it would have a full 2 summers to dry (I know 3 years is better) but can't get to it for the snow.
  9. Snotrocket

Snotrocket Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Maine
    It's supposed to be highs in the 20's with night time around zero here for the foreseeable future. We had about 2 feet of snow in 4 days late last week.

I hope that smaller stove is a pellet stove or I'm waiting for that piece of furniture next to it to burst into flames.
  10. Oldhippie

Oldhippie Minister of Fire

Looks very toasty and comfy!! ..and oil free! :)
  11. nate379

nate379 Guest

I guess my idea of cold and everyone elses is just "a bit" different :p
  12. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Nate, the cold in alaska is a different kind of cold. Id love to go to that state one day, its on my bucket list.
  13. SteveKG

SteveKG Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado Rockies
    It was the warmest fall I've seen here in decades. I burned maybe a quarter cord until a week ago. However, this a.m. I arose to find the thermometer at +5 F. Typical early a.m. for the past week or so. I started all three stoves and went back to bed. Two of the dogs followed me and my wife didn't even wake up.