It's Yellow. Elm?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely mulberry.....and definitely good stuff! I have a non-fruiting :( mulberry in my backyard, it's getting to be of decent size. Wish it fruited (mulberry trees can be male or female, which is kinda unique in the tree world). Mine has the "dinosaur foot" leaf.

Couple of nice sized dead ones on the windrows over at the farm, I'll be getting them this winter when I can use the snowmobile to haul 'em out.....

Good score, Jack!

Not unusual to see 3-4 different shaped leaves on the 2 old ones in my backyard.

I am learning about mulberry myself. Got one from my neighbor, about 20 inches at the base. Splits easy, except at knots, and heavy. Think alot of the weight is moisture. This one was a white mulberry and only 20 years old. Must be fast growing if conditions are right. Think this one had the benefit of downspout water from the roof. Several small ones in my three acres but are all understory trees that are growing much slower. Definitely looking forward to burning it in a couple or three years.

The one I planted in the yard just five years ago has already reached the height of a semi-dwarf fruit tree, so I do believe that they are quite fast growers.

Mulberry is some great stuff ,pretty easy to split to ,from what i can remember . Have not had any in awhile to burn :(

Yep, pretty easy splitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.