I've looked and looked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbn642blue

Jun 22, 2010
NW Ohio
Does Duravent make a cover for the bottom of their T? ( Not the clean out cover ).

I may not be understanding the question here. If so, please clarify.

No cover for a tee installation unless needed. As I understand it, the need being a cleanout, for which them make a clean out cover.

I had a situation where the clean out cover became dislodged. The result was that CO came in to the basement via the triple wall T after the clean out cover let loose and fell to the ground.

I must say after the CO detector went off at 2:00AM, I got a little worrried. I think the Tee was down drafting abit, andthat the Trplewall was pickingup smoke as it left the stove pipe and it was sucking it back into the house.

Was the cover not correctly installed? They usually are a fairly solid fit.

I pulled the pipe apart inside to clean the chimney with a soot eater. I may have hit the tee hard enough to get the cover loose enough that it fell off a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.