Ivory enemel color, stove and flue pipes, is it a problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DaniDoma

Nov 2, 2023
Ashford
Hi,
I am planing to get Jotul F100 in ivory enemel.

Located in Croatia, I'm unable to find flue pipes in this color. It seems to be a showstoper. 😐

Dealer says Jotul does not sell those.

How do you acquire pipes and other accessories in ivory enemel?

How about maintenance?

Please some photos of your installed ivory stoves? 🙂

I’ve never heard of it being available. You may need to find some high temperature paint and treat your own stovepipe.

Hi,
I am planing to get Jotul F100 in ivory enemel.

Located in Croatia, I'm unable to find flue pipes in this color. It seems to be a showstoper. 😐

Dealer says Jotul does not sell those.

How do you acquire pipes and other accessories in ivory enemel?

How about maintenance?

Please some photos of your installed ivory stoves? 🙂
You can have anything enameled if you have enough budget. But I would just run standard black pipe and be done with it.

Ivory Jotul? Had one, briefly:

basement stove.jpg

I never ran it like that in this location, I was only keeping it as a "parts stove" or "spare stove", as I had a few other of the same model running in other parts of the house. But, you can see... they used to make enameled pipe in that color.

I had the blue-black enameled Jotul upstairs, and just regular black pipe on it. If I were doing other color enamel, I'd do the same. But I'd use single-wall pipe, which turns a nice flat-black after a few firings, it's less offensive looking than big glossy double-wall.

Can you rear vent the F100? I forget. If I had enough height at least 3m I would rear vent to regular double wall stove pipe.

Can you rear vent the F100? I forget. If I had enough height at least 3m I would rear vent to regular double wall stove pipe.
According to the manual on their site you can, but I'm not sure if that's the latest variant.