Jøtul dealers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheIndian

Jan 11, 2018
Long Island
Have done some research and read the reviews on the F45...it’s looking like it might be the stove that works for us.
I am going to visit a dealer this week to discuss cost, install, etc...but the dealer and employees received bad reviews on line. I know the internet is not the be-all end-all, but was hoping someone might recommend a reputable Jøtul dealer in the 11754 vicinity. Am willing to travel some.
Thanks again for all the valuable advice here!

Preston trading post in Preston ct was helpful when I bought my jotul insert. Had a blower issue and no problems with it getting looked at within warranty period no charge to me. Not sure about now, but when I bought mine a few yrs back they did not do installs, but it looks like you are in LI so you need a installer nearby to you anyway.

Have done some research and read the reviews on the F45...it’s looking like it might be the stove that works for us.
I am going to visit a dealer this week to discuss cost, install, etc...but the dealer and employees received bad reviews on line. I know the internet is not the be-all end-all, but was hoping someone might recommend a reputable Jøtul dealer in the 11754 vicinity. Am willing to travel some.
There are only 2 on Long Island, I used the one in Nassau. Never even went to the showroom since I knew what I wanted. Not the friendliest guy to deal with, but I can say i was completely satisfied with price, install, etc.
BTW, grew up in 11754, live right next door now in 11725. Good luck!!

Thanks guys...appreciate the input. I found a dealer in Middletown who actually has an F45 on display...I’d like to see the stove in person so I might make the trip as soon as I can.

Thanks Rkofler...I saw those two dealers on Jøtul’s website which prompted me to start this thread. I think I will use the one in Nassau. Thanks.

Please share your thoughts on the F45 when you see it (and again if you decide to go with it!). I just installed an F100, which I got super cheap lightly used on Craigslist (only $150!) I knew it was undersized for my setup, but due to close mantle clearances I thought it was the only stove I could use (I actually don't think the F45 existed when I picked up the F100 a bit over five years ago - took me a while to actually install it!). I think the F45 might also work for me, and as I paid so little for my F100, it's not much of a loss for me to swap it out (the big part of my job was the liner install, which is now done). FYI as you look, I spoke with two dealers in my area. One quoted me $1830 for just the F45 with short leg kit, if I picked it up, plus another $345 for the blower, and the other dealer said he'd do $2400, delivered, installed with blower and short leg kit. That guy told me Jotul tends to offer discounts in Nov., but the price will be going up 8.5% by then (not sure how he knows that), and the deal he's offering is as good as any I'll get in November with the Jotul discount. I'd love to hear what your store is offering in terms of pricing, and if anyone else has input on/experience with pricing and any other details for the Jotul F45 Greenville.

Please share your thoughts on the F45 when you see it (and again if you decide to go with it!). I just installed an F100, which I got super cheap lightly used on Craigslist (only $150!) I knew it was undersized for my setup, but due to close mantle clearances I thought it was the only stove I could use (I actually don't think the F45 existed when I picked up the F100 a bit over five years ago - took me a while to actually install it!). I think the F45 might also work for me, and as I paid so little for my F100, it's not much of a loss for me to swap it out (the big part of my job was the liner install, which is now done). FYI as you look, I spoke with two dealers in my area. One quoted me $1830 for just the F45 with short leg kit, if I picked it up, plus another $345 for the blower, and the other dealer said he'd do $2400, delivered, installed with blower and short leg kit. That guy told me Jotul tends to offer discounts in Nov., but the price will be going up 8.5% by then (not sure how he knows that), and the deal he's offering is as good as any I'll get in November with the Jotul discount. I'd love to hear what your store is offering in terms of pricing, and if anyone else has input on/experience with pricing and any other details for the Jotul F45 Greenville.

Thanks for the info Kenny, I’ll def update this thread when I see it. Will be heading that way in two weeks.
My biggest concern is getting cooked out of the 500sqft room that the stove will be in. I want a stove that can accept at least 18” logs but not force me out of the room. Isn’t firewood typically cut to 18” when bought from a wood provider? Cutting my own wouldn’t be an issue of course but on the occasion I have to have some delivered, I certainly don’t want to have to trim it down to fit in a stove.

Talk soon and enjoy the F100

Cord wood is typically cut to 16" length, but YMMV depending on the wood seller. What is more often true than not is that wood sold as "seasoned" is not.

Well, as it turns out, the F45 is definitely not the stove for us. I'm sure it is a great stove as many here love it but it is likely way too big for the room it will be in and the last thing I want is to be cooked out of the room. I finally visited a dealer yesterday in Franklin Square that had several Jotuls on display. A more appropriately sized stove would be the F3CB or even the F100. I am leaning more towards the F3CB because it can handle slightly larger logs and wife likes the scenic fire view rather than the open glass view of the F100.

I was dealing directly with the owner and he was very helpful and provided me with a detailed quote on what would be involved with the installation. I'm still researching to make sure the F3CB is the right stove but once a stove is in, I'll put up a stone veneer and hopefully soon after light the inaugural fire haha...I'll keep dreaming...

Thanks again to all for the helpful info!

Is the room closed off by doorways from the rest of the house?

We just had the F3 installed at the end of december and we love the little stove. Ours is installed in the living room of our ranch and our bedrooms are at the opposite side of the house 42' away. I was worried about heat not making it down the hallway, but it does and it keeps the rooms warm, with no extra fans or anything. We try to keep the temp in the living room around 75 and no higher and the stove works great. It does have a smaller firebox so you may have to feed it more often depending on the temperature you want, I pack it before we go to bed and still have some coals left in the morning. Good Luck

Is the room closed off by doorways from the rest of the house?

Not completely. About 20ft away from the stove will be a stairwell leading up to second floor of our high ranch.

Good to know edinct...glad you enjoying the stove. Have any pics?

Not completely. About 20ft away from the stove will be a stairwell leading up to second floor of our high ranch.

Good to know edinct...glad you enjoying the stove. Have any pics?
I the stairwell is large and open a fair amount of heat will make it upstairs.

I always thought the F500 I have in the house was a good stove. That is until I bought a blaze king