Jamestown J1000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has I mentionned up above, i did plug the fan in the wall directly, and this speed (technicaly, higher voltage means higher speed) is than the max. This maximum speed is still not enough for me.

So even with any new stuff, it would be impossible to have the fan faster without working on the fan itself.

Tell me if i'm wrong.

I actually have an air leak at the back of the stove.
Will buy some high temp silicon and aluminum tape, repare the leak and than I'll se if
i'm please or looking to turbocharge my machine.

I reed on this forum somone who pretend 'why blow more warm air than few hot air'
I will give you an answer verry simple, because thermal exchange is proportionnal to the delta of temperature.
Simply meaning that cold air will gain more energy than warm air when passing trough tube, Thus taking away more energy
from the stove means warming the whole house faster and way more efficiently.

The only bug I see from now on with a higher air speed is the fact that the tube may stay so cold
that condensat may form around or dirt, thus causing a thermal protection, thus causing a lack of thermal exchange etc...

Anybody can tell me more!!???

Thanks

uncle rich are you still around? I have a few questions for ya

All my problems are solved:

First: The fan was not pushing air normally.
I went to a stove dealer and He has a fan exactly like mine but pushing 100cfm.
By looking at it I realised My Squirel Cage Fan was not build like his. Actually it was complettly
build the opposite, thus not pushing air as it could have.

I went home, took out the squirel cage fan and put back the old one with the silicone fitting of the new one.
I also bought melatlic tape and plugged all air leak at the back of the stove.
AND IT BLOWED.

So: Next time you change the convection blower, make sure not only the motor is turning the same as the old one, but
make sur the squirel cage is build EXACTLY the same.

Secondly: I had no refractory.
At the same stove dealer I asked him for 1/2 inch thick refractory.
He found on its backstore a false refractory brick layer that normally goes back
of propane stove.

I bought it, cut it correctly to fit my J1000 and the result is:

A BEAUTIFUL PALET STOVE WITH FONCTIONNAL CONVECTION BLOWER
AND A NICE (THE NICEST) REFRACTORY BACKER.

Thanks

My new challenge are:

Green light may be dead, never seen it light.

And How can I make this heat to travel all the house.
So hot near the stove, so not up there.

I posses a staire at the opposit of the stove.
I mad a 6 pipe inch through the floor for the hot air goes up.
I have a Heat exchanger but it seems not to be able to distribute heat correctly.

It seems to me the heat is trap down there.

Please help!

Uncle Rich is not around any longer sorry...

As to the question on the heat circulation there are a few things that you need to keep in mind, then experiment to find out just what will work best for you. Likely you will want to set up a few fans to help get your air flow going, but it can be tricky to figure out just how to do this best.

1. You MUST have a complete path for the air to circulate around in - the heated air must leave the stove area, travel to the area you want to heat, and then the cooled air must have a path back to the stove. In the case of a stairway, and even some rooms, this can be the same door, with the hot air going one way at the top and the cold air going the other at the bottom, but this can be harder to set up.

2. In many cases, it can be more effective to blow cold air towards the stove rather than trying to blow hot air away from it.

3. It is generally best to try and figure out what the natural convection patterns are likely to be, and help them along. A candle can be a very big help in this - hold a lit candle in doorways and notice which way the flame wants to bend, both near the top of the door and down near the floor. Setting the fans to blow in the same directions can give better results than trying to fight the natural patterns.

Gooserider

Goosrider, thanks.

The idea of the candle is majestic!
I will try it.

I was running the whole house with a heat sensor to find out where the heat was going.
The air flow path is a good start.

I have ceilling fan, but I think it is just fighting the air flow.
Will try with small floor fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.