Joel f500 manifold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ady5008

Oct 1, 2019
Central PA
I have an f500, that had some trouble with the rear burn tube falling out of I bump it while loading. I talked to the local dealer (I bought the stove from an individual out of the area) and they said their guys take the screws out that hold the tubes in so they can be removed without taking the stove apart for cleaning. I think I got the tube to lock in place, but while looking at it I noticed there's a big gap between the left manifold and the part it attaches to on the back of the stove. No gap on the right manifold. There's also a gap shown in the second picture. The dealer is booked full and won't come look at it. I'm guessing the manifold is warped. Any advice?

PXL_20221003_013125557~2.jpg PXL_20221003_013125557~3.jpg

I’m not familiar with your stove but you could probably get by for awhile by smearing some furnace cement into that gap til the dealer is able to come out and inspect.