Joined at the hip.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
Sometimes pictures don't show what you want someone to see but here goes. This is serveral pictures of a sycamore and a maple joined at the base. To the left clearly a sycamore and to the right clearly a maple with its leaves still on. Color and texture do not show well, but you get the point.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 212.jpg
    bearded asil hen 212.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 154
  • bearded asil hen 213.jpg
    bearded asil hen 213.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 138
  • bearded asil hen 215.jpg
    bearded asil hen 215.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: milleo
We found a maple and ash growing tight together like that. Always looks weird.

That does look odd.

Trees can do some weird things, my brothers neighbor has some white birches that grew in a funky twisted way due to trees around it, hes having them cut down, guess who volunteered to dispose of the wood :)

Mixed odd couple both reaching for the sun :)

About 75 ft from west border fence at parent's woodland (just before grassy part by old garden area) there's an old Bur Oak 18-20" w/ a much smaller American Elm somewhat wrapped around its base.Gonna remove the Elm soon,its maybe 25' tops & 5"-6" diameter.If I remember,I'll take a few pics before its gone.Since we all like pics here ;)

Looks like a marriage of maples, sort of. Always thought of sycamore to be rather maple-like.

Can't remember the species now, but these two were virtually fused at the base. This was at an off-site score.

074.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.