Jonsereds Version of the New Husqvarna 346XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
I just got back from a week in Wisconsin, much of the time spent cutting red pine sawlogs with my dad on the family tree farm. I thought he told me that he bought the new, more powerful 346XP and I was anxious to compare its performance to my older version of the 346, which he gave me last year. But, it seems that he bought a Jonsereds (I can't recall the model), which is essentially the same saw as the Husky 346XP. They're made by the same company with many of the same components. The styling is slightly different, but mostly it's a paint job.

Anyway, I really liked the saw. Plenty of power and light weight, plus a primer and a compression bypass button, neither of which I used.

As I understand it, Electrolux of Sweden (which owns both Husky and Jonsereds) is trying to shift its pro line over to the red saws, and keep the orange ones as more of a consumer line. At least that's the rumor I heard. No matter--they're both great saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.