Jotul 4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dggreen

Sep 22, 2010
cape cod
Does anyone have experience with the Jotul 4? If so, would it be too much for a 1200 sq ft home? How long was the 4 produced?

That is going to depend a lot on the wood, draft and how hot is being burned. Run correctly it should provide an overnight burn and have coals in the morning. Look up threads here by searching on "Englander 13NC". There are several happy owners of this stove. ~Kathleen~ is one of the more recent owners.

I had a Jotul #4 in a 2000+ sqft home in Norwell and needed the windows open to stay comfy at times, I just moved into a larger home with a pretty Federal airtight with half round glass doors but am wishing I had the larger Jotul back....I live just north of sagamore Bridge,,,,swap? 617-543-2860

Status
Not open for further replies.