Jotul 550 Rockland Blower Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewsome

Feb 7, 2010
Long Island
I've got a big problem with my Jotul 550 Rockland, after only 3 seasons of use. Now neither blower will work! I confirmed that the electrical outlet is fine.

The 3-way toggle switch looked a little corroded (as did the wires leading into it) so I just replaced the switch, but it's still not working, even in manual mode. I attached a picture of the switch before I replaced it.

Do you think I also need to replace the wires? Any other ideas? I doubt it's the blowers since the odds of both of them breaking at the same time seems remote.

I'm so frustrated with this! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm freezing!

BTW, I know I can call my Jotul dealer, but I've been very disappointed with just about every interaction I've had with him. Frankly, it's embarrassing that a supposed premium brand doesn't have better control over it's authorized dealers. So I'd really like to avoid this.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 248
Looking at the wiring diagram for the Rockland C550, it appears the main power to the blowers is fed thru the rheostat (speed control).
Did you try removing that from the system & jumping the wires to see if there is power to the blowers that way?

Thanks Daksy. I was about to replace the rheostat and decided to remove the surround and lo and behold -- the plug simply got disconnected! I couldn't see it until removed the surround. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.