Jotul 602 door handle bolt Where to buy/fix???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsered

Hearth Supporter
Feb 7, 2010
Woodstock CT
Hello guys.

The door handle bolt (fastens handle to door) of my stove was loose allowing the door handle to spin too far up/down and get jammed if the door was swung open. I tightened the bolt (has a flat head screw driver head on the outside) just a bit which kept the handle from swinging past the guide grooves in the door. It worked well for awhile but now the bolt turns with the handle which tightens it when opening to the point where I cannot even open the handle enough to unhook it from the latch! I cant back the bolt out either for some reason now!!! Did someone mess with the setup before I got it? It does not make sense to me that the bolt would be designed to turn with the handle which would tighten/loosen the bolt each time the handle was turned.

Thanks guys,

Nate

There should be a nut on the insiide side of the door. It is of course a metric thread, being Norwegian and all. Snug up the screw to where the handle moves just right, then lock in place with the nut .Happy heating!

had the same problem with the 602 i bought last year.i took it back to the shop,had them re do the door gasket (glass seemed a bit loose) and then they changed the nut inside with some type of lock nut..works great now....

Status
Not open for further replies.