Jotul 602/Morso Squirrel vs BK Sirocco 20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is for a small wall mounted direct vent propane heater with the propane bottle inside if need be.

I'm pretty sure it's ok to burn a Blaze King on low all the time. As long as the catalyst is burning the smoke, there will be minimal creosote buildup. If you can't keep the cat active at lower settings, there are other problems, like inadequate draft or wet wood.

Yup, there will be minimal buildup in the flue unless the cat crashes due to less than ideal wood. I have found though that there is some buildup simply from going through the loading sequence every day.

Buildup could also happen due to a chimney not tall enough to compensate for high altitude. An exterior chimney with a couple 90º turns in the smokepath will exacerbate this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.