Jotul 602cb replacement opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dhartman

Nov 25, 2017
West Harrison, Indiana
Hello , Newcbdo that ...We have 1500 square open floor plan with cathedral ceilings. Generally fires are burned through out the day and loaded before bed . In morning the stove is dumped and started over . We have done this a number of years without issue. By the end of last winter we started having issues with the stove .The stove was over burned and needs some replacement parts I’m having a hard time getting a hold of . So I’m thinking that this would be a good time getting a stove that is still a little stove but maybe more equipped to have sustained burns .I generally consider the 602cb as a small cabin stove but it has done us well . I’m look at jotul 3cb or VC intrepid II as a replacement for the 602cb . The styling of the stove is as important as it is to be a reasonable burner !Also the stove needs to be small for setbacks and clearances . Does anyone have any opinions on this ? My concern with the jotul is the parts availability . I see web site after website listing parts till I call then I get that’s on back order !

I burn pretty much exclusively Ash trees and have had no issues so far . I clean / check my chimney before season mid season and end of season with no issues. No creosote build up and I generally get only a cup or 2 of fly ash out if it .

Last edited:
+1, the F3CB is not a bad choice, but it has a small firebox. You would still be loading it every 3-5 hrs depending on outside temps. I'd consider the F45 in the Jotul line instead.

Reactions: Dhartman