Jotul Allagash embers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nancoise

Dec 10, 2011
new mexico
Hi wise stove people, I wanted to add a few embers to my new Jotul Allagash gas stove. Not a lot. I understand about not clogging the holes. But there's one spot in particular with none at all, resulting in not being able to see much of the big log when it's lit. The embers seem to light up the logs. Can I remove the glass myself? If so, how is it done, and replaced? The manual doesn't say. Or must this absolutely be done by a plumber? Thanks!

This thread needs to be moved to the proper place.

not sure what you want to do but if you are just talking about moving some of the embers around you can do it if you feel comfortable take the top off and then release the two glass clips and lift the glass straight up and you can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.