jotul c 550

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sticka99 said:
anyone have one and how do you like it, looking to purchase one.

There are several 550 owners on this forum. It is a new unit so for most of us we have only been using ours since Jan. Hopefully they will pipe in here too.

I love my 550. ( I had a Napoleon 1101 before.) The hardest thing for me in the beginning was un-learning what I had learned worked with my Napoleon. ( If this will be your first insert you won't have that problem.) It took me about 6 weeks to get the hang of it. People here were very supportive in answering all of my questions and then answering the same questions again when I forgot what they had told me in the first place!

I love that it is a huge solid insert that burns really hot and seems to leave less dust in my house then I had before.

I love that the blowers are located on the front and can be cleaned very easily. Also can be run on either automatic or manual.

I love the cast iron surround that helps radiate more heat into the room since this unit is a flush unit.

I love how it looks.

If I can answer any questions you may have - feel free to PM them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.