Jotul C550 Rockford of Napolean 1101

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spencer186

Feb 10, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm totally torn and need advice. I really like the look of the Napolean 1101 with the webbed door. The size is a bit small, but the price is right. However, the few reviews I've read about it leave me skeptical. I also really like the Jotul Rockford. Everything about it but the price. The size is right and from all I've read the quality is outstanding. The way I've got it figured, with the cost of the two, and figuring in the tax rebate, the Jotul will run me roughly $800 more in end. Questions- Any feedback from Napolean 1101 users? The reviews I've read were poor. I know the Rockford owners love thiers and Jotul is renowned for its quality. So, is the money worth it for the Jotul? Looks wise I'm good with both, but is the quality and bigger fire box worth it? I'm 50/50 so any input will help. Thanks!!!!!!!

spencer186 said:
I'm totally torn and need advice. I really like the look of the Napolean 1101 with the webbed door. The size is a bit small, but the price is right. However, the few reviews I've read about it leave me skeptical. I also really like the Jotul Rockford. Everything about it but the price. The size is right and from all I've read the quality is outstanding. The way I've got it figured, with the cost of the two, and figuring in the tax rebate, the Jotul will run me roughly $800 more in end. Questions- Any feedback from Napolean 1101 users? The reviews I've read were poor. I know the Rockford owners love thiers and Jotul is renowned for its quality. So, is the money worth it for the Jotul? Looks wise I'm good with both, but is the quality and bigger fire box worth it? I'm 50/50 so any input will help. Thanks!!!!!!!

The Napoleon will not heat as well as the Rockford.

The BTU ratings, heating capacity, and firebox is larger on the Rockford. You will get longer burn times with the Rockford which is incredibly valuable as winter progresses.

Every one on this site loves the stove that they have. That says a lot about the quality of stove manufacturers these days. That being said, the Jotul 550 is a great insert. Looks great and very easy to use. You must have a block off plate and a ss lined chimney. If you are looking for a ton of heat, a free standing stove in the hearth may be the way to go, just sayin. For $800, you know, you get what you pay for... I have never looked back on my Jotul. It will probably be the only insert you ever purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.