Jotul Experts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Can any one help me out with the approx. age of of a Jotul stove with a big # 8 on the side. I found this stove on craigs list and owners say it a couple of years old. I don't much about these stove at all, and I was tring to help a friend out. Any help would be great. thanks Fespo

it could have been built any time from 1981-1998 if you got me more info i cloud give you a smaller range

This is the predecessor to the F400 Castine. Nice, well made, medium-sized stove. It's definitely more than a couple years old, but if in good condition inside and out, this can be a good heater.

If it has no catalytic converter - you can tell because it would not have a bypass......any with a cat would have to have a flue bypass, then it is probably somewhere from 1983 to 1990.....

Later models were still #8, but had other numbers like 8TDC or something like that - should still be visible on the metal label on the rear.

The pic enclosed - from craigslist - is the older non-cat #8 - not a bad stove at all, but pre-epa and more than " a few" years old.

another 8 pic I found - also the older one...

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 352
  • jotul8.jpg
    jotul8.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 349
Status
Not open for further replies.