New member Country Flame Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeff71

Dec 9, 2023
Dixon Missouri 65459
My wife and I bought my home place I was raised at . It’s a 70 rancher 2600 sq ft all 8’ flat ceilings . With that said we always heated with a big country flame insert with stainless liner up the flu. Old owners must of sold insert but I’ve found this one for sale but I can’t identify year , model number , cat or non cat . The tag seems worn and I’m pretty green on inserts . Thanks in advance for any help on identifying what this unit in pics is .

IMG_2619.png IMG_2619.png IMG_2618.png IMG_2617.png IMG_2620.png

It "looks" like a model B catalytic, but that should be verified. Did they provide any interior shots. Looking up at the baffle area, the B model has a stainless steel plate under the cat that looks like a fat T.

Hopefully the price is great. It's a 30 yr old insert.

thanks for taking your time to help . When I got there it is a cat stove 90s model with very little use . I was not really wanting a cat stove but I figured I would try it with the excellent shape it was in . As far as price I do not really know what a great deal is but it will get me back in the fireplace insert game as my liner is 8” as well . Thanks again .

Reactions: kcmclellan