1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Jotul F-50 thread per request.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DJB

DJB New Member

Loc:
    Marshfield, MA
    So, I had my mind all made up, ready to buy an F50, until one night last week i found 2 F500's, on craigslist, in like new condition, for $800 each. the oslo was my second choice anyways, so paying 1/3 the price made that decision quite easy. I couldn't pass that deal up, got the other one for my dad. I swapped out the old VC for one of the oslo's this weekend, it really is like new. The sellers (two brothers) claimed that they were only used a few times, and were too big for their houses. I appreciate all the help from everyone, and still love the rangeley. maybe next time.
    Pallet Pete likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Heather

Heather New Member

Loc:
    Washington State
    Wow, you can't beat that price. I don't think you'll go wrong, Jotuls are great stoves overall.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    That's a very sweet deal. You scored well.
  4. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Shoot next time there will be heaters that run on fart gas and we won't need furnaces or stoves ! Seriously nice score DJB.

Pete
  5. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    The way you're cleaning out your ash pan is how i was doing it so i got to thinking,what's any different than shoveling out the stove? WHICH is much easier.Just let the ash pan fill.
  6. jeffesonm

jeffesonm Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central NJ
    Sorry to dredge this up from the dead, but do you know the dimensions of the firebox on the F50? In particular how long a log can you load N/S?
  7. Heather

Heather New Member

Loc:
    Washington State
    Hi Jeff,
    The firebox is approx. 18" deep to the andirons in front, 21" wide, and top to bottom of firebox is about 12" deep at the front. It tapers down lower towards the back because of the way the secondary burners are situated. It could take 15-16" splits going N-S.
    begreen likes this.
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Mine will take 16" splits easily and 17" is possible if the ends are square.
  9. jeffesonm

jeffesonm Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central NJ
    Thanks both........