Jotul F 500 Oslo Side Door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helder

Nov 1, 2013
New Jersey
Hi,
I bought a used Jotul F 500 and I can't open the side door. I think it may be locked. How can I determine if it is locked and how do I remove the lock.

Hi,
I bought a used Jotul F 500 and I can't open the side door. I think it may be locked. How can I determine if it is locked and how do I remove the lock.

If your OSLO was installed in a corner, the side door locking kit (#155850) may have been installed, as it is necessary to pass inspection. If you have the install manual, take a look at the exploded view, You should be able to see what the door looks like in a normal install. The locking kit will be something bolted on to keep the door from opening. I will see if I can find a pic for you, & post it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.