jotul f118 black bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksiebelink

Jan 9, 2010
western MI
hey everybody, I just bought a jotul black bear a few months ago and sofar i love it ! heats my house very nicely.. i was just curious how hot some of you let the stove get, i have a magnetic thermometer in the center of the cook plate, and it gets to around 550ish and i try to cool it down a bit. Ive heard other people let it get hotter, but i was just curious what you experts say ! that have had one for a few years...

thanks ! !

Don't know much about the Black bear. Your manual should tell you the proper temps. My stove takes the thermomator in the top corner. It is a Jotul and I like to run it at around 525-550 on cold nights. Same company same iron. 550 does not sound unreasonable to me.

Mad Tom said:
Don't know much about the Black bear. Your manual should tell you the proper temps. My stove takes the thermomator in the top corner. It is a Jotul and I like to run it at around 525-550 on cold nights. Same company same iron. 550 does not sound unreasonable to me.

The Jotul website has your specs. 400-600 for most efficient burn. Your good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.