Jotul F3 CB Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Therivermonster

Burning Hunk
Dec 10, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Good morning, everyone!

Burning over the weekend with the new F3 has been a blast. The stove is great, easy to run, and look oh so nice.

I know that I will be burning the stove a lot, so I have a few concerns and questions about cleaning. First of all, the telescoping piece of stove pipe is a super tight fit in my setup due to a low ceiling and the raised hearth. It took quite a bit of working to get it into place, and I would rather not take it off in order to take the top off when it comes time to clean the stove and chimney. With that said...

...is the baffle very difficult to remove? It looks like it's held in by just the two nuts and bolts towards the front of the stove.

Would it be difficult to trim the lower part of the telescoping stove pipe to allow for more clearance so that I could remove the top?

Here is a pic of the install.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.