Jotul F3 CB Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bholler: What makes you say that? Is there a flow marker on the liner I should be able to identify?

FionaD: I will keep everyone posted as to what happens next. And I'm hopeful that the air control issue can be identified at the same time.

As of right now I'm still waiting for a reply from the installer.

I've seen some 4-5 yr old blankets still in decent condition. Something else may be going on. Kaowool is what is in PE's baffle box I believe and it seems to stand up very well. Isn't kaowool what is used to commonly wrap liners?

Grambo- crimped ends go down into the pipe below ,ie... Crimped end into the stove collar next piece goes into the piece below it etc. I haven't seen how well 45* elbows fit but I see no crimped ends exposed on my straight DSP pipe.if your flue collar isn't warm it may not draft well until it is. And I had to show my installer how to put my telescopic piece into my stove

:) Sorry my phone and I are having communication problems. Just keep an eye in what's going in when they come back and don't let them talk you into it's ok if it ain't it's your cash and your home make sure they're doing it properly

bholler: What makes you say that? Is there a flow marker on the liner I should be able to identify?

That type of liner has a joint that is directional the over lap sould be facing down on the inside and up on the outside from that pic it looks like the seam is on the bottom of the rib on the outside of the pipe. This will allow anything running down the pipe to get into the joint causing problems. But it is not that easy to see from a pic i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.