Jotul F400 / chimney liner kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grunyon

Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys.

I was given a nice Jotul F400. Two questions.

1. Does this stove flow better with the reversible chimney piece pointing horizontal or vertical.... should I have it horizontal into a T in my chimney or verticle into a 90 into a T?

2.. I need a chimney liner. About 15-20 feet. Is the insulation necessary? The majority of the chimney is in the middle of the house. Which chimney liner should I get? Thanks!

1. Does this stove flow better with the reversible chimney piece pointing horizontal or vertical.... should I have it horizontal into a T in my chimney or verticle into a 90 into a T?
either way will work fine but you want as few elbows as you can get

2.. I need a chimney liner. About 15-20 feet. Is the insulation necessary? The majority of the chimney is in the middle of the house. Which chimney liner should I get? Thanks!
Yes you should insulate it. Unless you have the required 2" clearance from the outside of the masonry structure to any combustible material you need the liner insulated in order to be code compliant. And regardless it will work much better if it is insulated.

As far as what liner to get i always recomend either hevy wall or mid weight liner they are more durable than the light wall liners. But the only ones i would absolutely stay away from are the double layer smooth interior liners

Status
Not open for further replies.