Jotul F500 door latch problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcastle

Feb 9, 2012
Kansas City. Mo
I bought a Jotul F500 last year. I'm very happy with the stove other than one small problem thats driving me nuts. I have to use an allen wrench to tighten up the latch on the front door every time I open it. It seals up just fine but pushes the little rectangular piece of steel over to the left so it won't work the next time until its retighten again. It worked great for a couple of months until this problem came up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had to adjust mine in the first few weeks of use . . . but haven't had to since then. While cool . . . I used the allen wrench to tighten and adjust the latch so it would latch snugly . . . I made sure to hold on to the inner piece so it would stay aligned.

Try some furnace cement on the last few threads. Will be hard to take off, but thats not your issue

Status
Not open for further replies.